Friday, April 11, 2008

" Xin Li You Shu" by Fahrenheit

This single taken from the 2-Sided Fahrenheit album is entitled Xin Li You Shu, means inside the heart (we already) understand. A too long translation? Well ... briefly, this song tells about sugary love, positively promising a confidence of happiness in future.

Yeah, I admit that Fahrenheit is superb. As a newcomer in Taiwan (and Asian, of course) music industry, they are well-performed enough. Although ... um, I don’t think I’d say it here :)

What attract me most is that they put Canon Groove, a classical music (Who's the original composer, by the way? I'm dying to reveal it!) as the background composition of the chorus. Correct choice, I think Canon Groove does enhance the mood of this fun single to be groovier. And if I must estimate this single in a word, I would rather say it: cute ^_^ This song is a sweet enough selection to be presented for anyone you love

I tried to translate in spite of my very low Chinese proficiency. As I am eager to know how the lyrics in English will be, I combined the translation I found (which somehow doesn’t satisfy me, yet I must thank to) with my dictionary and my own mind, so here's the result. Literally, the title consists the words xīn = heart, = in/at, yǒu = there is/have got, shù = to know/to recognize.

Hopefully it is understandable enough :) the words in sky-blue color belong to my own interpretation which originally are not included in the Chinese lyrics; I think they make the sentences clearer. For the Xin Li You Shu lyrics in Hanyu Pinyin transliteration, please view my comment section or simply click here. Check it also for any mistake I made (tell me, if any)

Now here’s the translation. Enjoy!

When you smile, seems like I could use my arms to build a castle.

When you cry, I will somehow collect these raindrops into my bag pack.

The starry sky will keep sparkling. Love will still be alright

Heaven is a way to go. Follow your dream to reach it

1st Pre-chorus:

It is love

It means to announce

But doesn't need anymore notice from anyone

The answer is right in your heartbeat

Chorus:

Whatever journey we must wandering in,

Inside the heart either we both already understand

Anyone must know that they will surely arrive at happiness

In the mean time, there will always be a few more steps to go

Inside, our hearts are beating backward

Because of you ...

Although the eyes tend to hide the map of the future

Counting the wishes, how many candles will be blown out?

Measuring the flow of tears, how many dew drops will be made from?

From now on I will no more be lost

Firmly hold on, now your warmth is pausing the time

2nd Pre-chorus:

It is love

No question’s required

Doesn’t need any forecasting

The angels already heard the answers

back to chorus

Turn around, count it all over again

Tread back on the amounts of the same routes

How many more kilometers we have to reach?

You are on my left hand side, standing in a few meters distance.

I estimate your breathing frequency

And I carefully hear your beating heart

Every number is recorded in my heart

I add, subtract, multiply, divide

It’s all turns into a recollection.

In every drenching scene of rain

In every sight of the morning rays

Let me lead your hand, slowly taking hold of you

The happiness of tomorrow is only a few steps away.

At that moment, our heart will start to understand the answer, that ...

It is love ... (back to 2nd pre-chorus)



7 of your comments here:

inda_ardani said...

Xin li you shu (Hanyu Pinyin Lyrics)

Here’s the pinyin lyrics, don’t forget the pronunciations of several letters :)
x = s
b = p
z, zh, j, q = c
d = t
g = k

nǐ wēi xiào wǒ yòng huái bào kāi chéng yī zuò chéng bǎo
nǐ kū le wǒ bǎ yǔ dī shōu jìn wǒ de bèi bāo
xīng kōng huì jì xù shǎn yào ài huì jì xù měi hǎo
tiān táng shì nǎ gè suì dào yán zhù mèng jiù dào

ài le
děng yú jiē xiǎo
bù xū yào shuí lái yù gào
dá àn zài nǐ de xīn tiào

yào màn bù duō shǎo lǚ tú wǒ mén dōu xīn lǐ yǒu shù
bǐ shuí dōu qīng chǔ yī dìng zǒu dào xìng fú
lí yǒng yuǎn hái yǒu jǐ bù wǒ mén zài xīn lǐ miàn dǎo shù
yīn wéi nǐ yǎn zhōng cáng zhù wèi lái de dì tú

shù yī shù xǔ guò de yuàn chuí xī duō shǎo là zhú
shù yī shù liú guò de lèi chuàn qǐ duō shǎo lù zhū
cóng jīn hòu bù zài mí lù jǐn jǐn bǎ shǒu wò zhù
zhè yī kè nǐ de wēn dù bèi shí jiān liú zhù

ài le
méi yǒu wèn hào
bù xū yào xīng zuò yù gào
dá àn tiān shǐ tīng dé dào

yào màn bù duō shǎo lǚ tú wǒ mén dōu xīn lǐ yǒu shù
bǐ shuí dōu qīng chǔ yī dìng zǒu dào xìng fú
lí yǒng yuǎn hái yǒu jǐ bù wǒ mén zài xīn lǐ miàn dǎo shù
yīn wéi nǐ yǎn zhōng cáng zhù wèi lái de dì tú

huí tóu shù yī biàn zǒu guò de lù zǒng gòng duō shǎo gōng lǐ
nǐ zài wǒ zuǒ biān gé zhù jǐ mǐ jù lí
cāi nǐ hū xī de pín lǜ tīng nǐ xīn tiào de gòng míng
měi gè shù zì jì zài xīn lǐ jiā jiǎn chéng chú biàn chéng le huí yì
měi yī chǎng lín guò de yǔ měi yī chǎng kàn guò de chén xī
ràng wǒ qiān zhù nǐ de shǒu màn màn shōu jí
míng tiān lí xìng fú hái yǒu jǐ bù zhè yī kè wǒ mén dōu xīn lǐ yǒu shù

The Bloke said...

xie xie ni :P~ (that's all i know about chinese language *grin*)

i never know you're into chinese song :) i do like chinese movies, but for music, i still prefer japanese :D

yuki tobing said...

Well, can't give comment on this, I'm not into oriental songs. Not trying to be racist, but they just sound bad in my ears. haha.

Adite said...

o m g.. so they are who sing this "canon grove".. i played ayo dance and hear this song quite a lot

inda_ardani said...

Sorry for being absent! I got a terrible flu but now I’m much better :)

The Bloke said...

xie xie ni :P~ (that's all i know about chinese language *grin*)

i never know you're into chinese song :) i do like chinese movies, but for music, i still prefer japanese :D


i thought you’ve already known :D yeah I know, you’ve told me so. remember your comment in my “jay chou’s album” post? you mentioned some of japanese musician and singer following your criticism, yeahhowcouldyoudothatcriticismtomeitirritatedmesoandiwontforgiveyouforthat ... LOL
i know that japanese music is very tough in character, i like some of them, however i prefer chinese :)

yuki tobing said...

Well, can't give comment on this, I'm not into oriental songs. Not trying to be racist, but they just sound bad in my ears. haha.


really??? i never thought that you’d comment me in this kinda article, well ... regarding your serious nature lol

Adite said...

o m g.. so they are who sing this "canon grove".. i played ayo dance and hear this song quite a lot


yup. i find some variations of its arrangement, including that game (?) do you enjoy it? anyway, the best canon groove i’ve ever heard is the composition played in piano recital scene, somewhere in korean famous drama-comedy “my sassy girl”

Eucalyptus said...

Wow, do you like chinese song? I don't know about oriental music... He he, you are so unique...

inda_ardani said...

for your #1 sentence: i do :p
for your #2 sentence: really? :)
for your #3 sentence: ahaha, not really