Monday, October 20, 2008

UGM-Mandiri Jazz The Concert

UGM-Mandiri Jazz is an annual event organized by Gadjah Mada University and Bank Mandiri which performs various jazz artists. It was held on Grha Sabha Pramana hall, October 18 2008. The list of artist could be read on the poster, and I was a bit disappointed for Tompi and Henry Lamiri canceled their performance.

The event was hosted by Indonesian senior actor Butet Kartaredjasa and popular actress-model Dian Sastrowardoyo. In the beginning Butet pretended to hide Dian by saying that all the airplane tickets from Jakarta to Jogja were fully booked by people who wanted to go to this concert, but soon after that, Dian shouted for Butet's name and climbed the stage, surrounded by audiences applaus.

In such a short opening, they presented the stage to Trisum band which was powered mainly by Budjana and Tohpati. Sure, their associate players were either amazing, but who was there catching audiences (especially the female audiences, I bet) attention? It was the new rising star-drummer Yesaya a.k.a Echa marvelously hit his percussion set. The audiences were more impressed as he performed his solo in a section.

Trisum said that it was the first time they play to harmonize a singer. It was Rio Febrian's luck to have his “Ku Ada di Sini—I am here” light pop arrangement to be changed into up-tempo jazz.

Idang Rasjidi continued Trisum with his band to perform their theme. The situation went once again up as Rieka Roslan showed up. Rieka was a real star! She even taught us that a singer has a great duty, not only sing a song but she/he has to be able to absorb the energy from audiences and to combine the energy with the music of the band. Her communication with people was magic. From that moment, I registered myself as one of her fans ^_^

The next singer was Glenn Friedly. His appearance was surely noticeable yet the thing impressed me most was his last song “Just for two of us”. This song was also the final scene enclosing the concert.

In a summarized impression, UGM-Mandiri Jazz was a great experience for everyone. It was such a liveshow gathering talented artists performing not only entertainment but also inspirations and lesson of a culture.




13 of your comments here:

gerry said...

oww...so it is the thing that my bro text me the other day about. He said I would love if if I was there. Jazz is not my thing in particular. But if my bro tell me so, so it must have been fantastic.

envious...lol

gerry said...

btw pindah dari lazymode.com ke gerryology.com hehe

The Bloke said...

sial...tiap ugm ada acara bagus aku lg di jkt :|

inda_ardani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
inda_ardani said...

Blogger gerry said...

oww...so it is the thing that my bro text me the other day about. He said I would love if if I was there. Jazz is not my thing in particular. But if my bro tell me so, so it must have been fantastic.

envious...lol

yeah, your brother was right. either jazz was not the concert i wanted to see, since i am currently into classics, still they did entertain me much. you can see your next year agenda for this event is annually organized


Blogger gerry said...

btw pindah dari lazymode.com ke gerryology.com hehe

ok i'll update your link. thank you for informing


Blogger The Bloke said...

sial...tiap ugm ada acara bagus aku lg di jkt :|

iya, la kamu pake kuliah di sono segala sih, coba di sini aja, kan malahan bisa sering ngumpul ama mantan satulima yang laen :p

edisamsuri said...

I wish I was there and I miss jogya

snowlinux said...

found this blog when i was searching for 'ukuran jarum suntik' :D. Very nice blog!

Sherwin said...

and Indonesians in Japan will soon have Rio Febrian as well for their Christmas party

http://www.sherwintobing.com

inda_ardani said...

edisamsuri said...
I wish I was there and I miss jogya


well you can plan to attend the next year event :)


snowlinux said...
found this blog when i was searching for 'ukuran jarum suntik' :D. Very nice blog!


thank you


Sherwin said...
and Indonesians in Japan will soon have Rio Febrian as well for their Christmas party

http://www.sherwintobing.com


that will surely be wonderful

lexdoank said...

great, every year in forging this event and invite famous artists.

There are serious benefits it

inda_ardani said...

looks like u are one of the organizing comitee :) welcome, then

Hapi said...

Hello there my friend! I found your blog very interesting so I have added your link in my Blogroll. I hope you'll link me back. Have a nice day! http://hapiblogging.blogspot.com/

inda_ardani said...

thank you :)