Saturday, January 24, 2009

We all are entrepreneur

Do you know that business and any term of its synonyms are something that is naturally attached to any of us?

I know, I’m lack of experience and reading; astonished by Hermawan Kertajaya’s presentation but don’t know beans about his concepts; my only commercial activity is being a weekly laboratory teaching assistant and doing occasional low-impact paid blogpost; economics is not my major, but whose mistakes then if I’m interested in those kinds of entrepreneurship?

It was started years ago when two of my classmates said that they want to build a business company, not in Indonesia, but in some other country like Singapore. The only thing lies beneath my mind at that time is: wow, they must have a kind of business instinct inside their genes.

About two years later, I was surprised again. There was an audience attended by students and council of my university talking about the efficacy of the new teaching method i.e. Problem-Based Learning. One of the panelists asked us who wants to be an entrepreneur, and I was surprised that one of my schoolmates raised his hands. I straightly sent him a we-will-be-dentists-how-come-we-do-such-that-kind-of-thing stare but he quickly responded, “Sure, we ‘sell’ our practice.”

That’s the time when I started to reveal that no matter what our background is, we have to be an entrepreneur. There are many reasonable advantages related to it e.g. financial freedom, time flexibility, and independence to compile our ideals. Challenging experience in organizing with considerable initiative and risk will eventually improve someone’s character. Now I confidently enlist ‘entrepreneur’ as one of my within-10-years targets.

This article is surely too short, even to give a glimpse view about starting an entrepreneurship idea. I believe that you all have already experienced moments triggering your own ‘eureka!’ in entrepreneurship and I will be very delighted to hear your story.

· * This article was composed in a high appreciation toward my mates who have been maintaining their sustainable business

* the image was retrieved from this url

1 of your comments here:

tantursyah said...

Nice post..:) Btw, would u like to share us abt low-impact paid blogpost, plz? Thanks before..